понеделник, 11 декември 2017 г.
Friday night I finished the new socks I was knitting for Gaby, using my first hand-dyed self-striping yarn. Gaby wanted them identical and I did a pretty good job matching them and using up all of the yarn I had dyed. The only difference between the socks is the end of the heel of second sock - one strand of yarn had flipped during the dyeing process and got blue instead of pink dye. Luckily it was the last strand of the yarn, I could have cut it out, but I actually like the fact that there is some minute difference between the otherwise very identical socks. I'm like that, I have to insert some irregularity withing the symmetry.
Pattern: Vanilla socks with after-thought heel, no specific pattern, 58 sts
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 60 g, hand-dyed
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: about a week among other things