Friday, February 25, 2011

New Knits on the Blog

The first one is for my daughter - a long sleeved version of Berroco's RIA,
which I called PlumBerRIA. It's a super quick knit on US 4 (3.5 mm) needles
and YarnArt Merino De Luxe DK yarn. The yarn is very nice, extra twisted, soft,
BUT ... as it seems the case with Turkish yarns, the second skein is of lower quality - thinning threads, some wads, really annoying.
As the pattern requires beads, yesterday I went bead hunting and found THE PLACE - a M'ART shop, full of beads of all kinds and shapes and colors at super reasonable prices. Finally I chose two varieties of wooden beads - the plum ones were my natural choice, but I knew Gabie would prefer the berries - so it'll be the berries :)















As a result of my hunting trip I returned home with a new package of yarn -
one of Nako Boutique yarns - Bambu, 65% cashmere 35% bamboo in a divine red color. I know the yarn I bought wouldn't suffice for this sweater, but the seller assured me that she can provide as much as I need of the same dye lot, so I trusted her and bought only one package (boutique yarns come on the too expensive side for my budget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment