Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snow

Snow white winter is a rarity in the city, and today I spent quite a lot of time gazing in awe and quiet satisfaction at the snow covered street, trees and cars outside my window. It snowed the whole night and day yesterday and today and the city was absolutely transformed into a snowy fairytale scenery, if only for a few days.













And on the knitting front, this simple stockinette raglan sweater will be the end of me. I changed the second ball of yarn and knit the two sleeves - so far, so good. But the yoke bothered me. First I unraveled and redid only the upper third, but it bulged around the armpits. Then I unraveled and redid again the entire yoke (that hurt :)), but this time it is too narrow at the shoulders. I'm definitely unraveling the upper half tomorrow, but to ease the pain, I cast on a sock today.

1 comment:

  1. The snow is so beautiful! I wish it didn't make like a headache!

    I really love how your striped sweater is looking, and I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with it. Once you get it right though, I think it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete