Friday, November 23, 2012

Nottingham


Pattern: Nottingham, free Ravelry download
Yarn: Merino Bulky 100 g / 100 m
Needle: 5 mm
Time to knit: 1 day


Well, obviously it was high time to knit something for my boy. He's not into sweaters, even scarfs, and so far the only knitted items he actually wears are hats. So - a new hat it is.


I saw this hat on Ina's blog and instantly queued it on Ravelry. My yarn is bulky, so I knitted the smallest size to fit my already big boy.


This is the first time I've knitted with this yarn and I like it a lot. I think this is the thickest yarn I've ever knitted and it felt kind of weird at first, but I loved the quick gratification of finishing a hat in no time at all. Now I want a cardigan out of this yarn for me, it's so soft and warm.

3 comments:

  1. С толстых ниток эта модель выглядит совсем иначе.Мне твой вариант нравится!!!если бы была чуть тоньше пряжа,то уже было б не то...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely looking yarn and your son's hat looks lovely and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great beanie for your son. The st pattern is so sharp and defined in that yarn. It has room for his growin' bones.

    ReplyDelete