Sunday, December 23, 2012

Purple Pull Irlandais


Pattern: Pull Irlandais #063-T11-378 by Phildar Design Team
Yarn: Alize Cashmira 100% wool, 350 g
Needle: 3.5 mm rib, 4 mm body
Time to knit: 12 days


Modifications: Knit in the round up to the armholes, the sleeves were also knit in the round, tubular cast on and bind off.
A few words about Cashmira - it's definitely one of my favourite yarns now - great stitch definition and elasticity and contrary to common belief that wool is itchy, it is soft and pleasant to the skin.


It was so freezing cold when we took the pictures, that I kept pulling the sleeves to cover at least partially my cold hands. I also tried to smile but the frozen skin of my face wouldn't bulge :)))


This sweater turned out to be one of this year's projects I enjoyed most - easy yet intricate enough design, beautiful well balanced cables, pleasant yarn. My purple pull irlandais is going to get lots of wear this winter, I can promise you that :)
And I'm still searching for a similar pattern to repeat the knitting delight.

14 comments:

  1. Красота!!!Эта модель в любом цвете выглядит на все сто!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! And you knit it in 12 days? Did you do anything else in those 12 days, LOL?!

    I'm going to have to put this one in my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Прекрасен пуловер!!! Много харесвам плетеници!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic outcome! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sweater. It's great you made pictures despite the cold. Have a nice day! REgula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sweater. Looks like it fits perfectly. And I'm getting cold just looking at you out there without a coat, hat or mitts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is outstanding! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very glamorous, and the snowy backdrop is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely sweater. It makes me want to knit one again...maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love the texture of the cables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it's absolutely beautiful! and I love your gorgeous pictures in the snow!! You look so warm and cosy :)

    ReplyDelete