Saturday, October 26, 2013

Debardeur


Pattern: Debardeur by Bergère de France
Yarn: Alize Lanagold, color 568 petrol green, 300 g
Needle: 3.5 mm rib, 4.0 mm body
Time to knit: a week, give or take
 

Although I knit and unravelled quite a lot, actually I knit the entire front twice, the process was very enjoyable and I'm satisfied with the result. It's a present for my father and I constantly wavered and reconsidered the size, I hope I've made the right decisions and it will fit him in the end.


The color on all of the photos is off, but nothing doing. It's darker and greener actually. The vest is still unblocked on these photos, which is probably visible, but I wanted to photoshoot it on the ground first and then wash and wet block it.


Because my yarn is much thicker than the prescribed and my gauge was completely off, I used only the chart for the cables and recalculated everything else to fit my own gauge and measurements, with only 3 repeats of the cable rapport.






4 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift! That's really a great cable pattern - I love how it knots at the intersections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Браво!!!отличный подарок будет!!!Эта моделька очень удачная и эффектная)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cables are eye candy. This looks like a warm vest. What love you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Много красив пуловер! Тези възли , характерен белег за здравина, добре се съчетават с мъжкото излъчване.Отлична работа!

    ReplyDelete