Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pumpkin Pie


I've made this pie  many times with grated apples and it is considered by my family to be the best apple pie ever. This time we tried it with grated pumpkin instead and it is (almost) equally delicious :) - I still think I prefer the apples, but that's me - hubby liked the pumpkin better.

Ingredients: 
  • 1 kg grated pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup semolina
  • 1 cup flour
  • 10 g baking powder
  • 100 g melted butter
  • walnuts, cinnamon
 

Grate the pumpkin, add 1/2 cup of sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Mix in a bowl the flour with the baking powder, the semolina and the remaining cup of sugar. Grease a baking dish with butter and spread a layer of 1/3 pumpkin, then a layer of 1/3 dry ingredients and 3-4 tbsp of melted butter. repeat the layering two more times. Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 40 min.


Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve cold with coffee, milk or tea. Enjoy!


This pie is very fruity and juicy and really super easy to make.


And on the knitting front - today I've been working on the design of a new little dog sweater with a simple Celtic knot. I think I got it figured out and I've already started knitting it. Stay tuned :)))


1 comment:

  1. What an interesting way to make pie. That Celtic knot is great. It's be cute to see a dog trotting about in it.

    ReplyDelete