Saturday, December 13, 2014

Monkey Bread


Most of the recipes for monkey bread on the web and from what I read in Wikipedia regard this bread as a sweet dish. However the same technology can be used to make regular bread and it is really very delicious.
For the dough I used the recipe for bread I've been baking lately: 500 g flour, 7 g instant dry yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 300 ml warm water and 2 tbsp dry spice - for this monkey bread I added dried basil.

I mixed the ingredients, kneaded the dough and cut it into 32 pieces. I rolled roughly each piece in a ball, dipped the ball in olive oil and mixed seeds and placed it in a greased cake pan.


Then I placed the cake pan in the oven at 40C for the dough to rise. In 40 min it had filled the pan.


Then I turned the heat up at 190C and baked the bread for 45 min. Probably because of the olive oil and the form of the cake pan, but this bread has a very delicious crust and lots of it!




32 delicious bites, eaten in no time :)))


2 comments:

  1. That's a neat idea! I think I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered about this monkey bread. Interesting result on yours. I may just try it this break.

    ReplyDelete