Saturday, February 7, 2015

Monte Rosa in Green and Yellow


Pattern: inspired by Monte Rosa by Isabell Kraemer
Yarn: Alize Lanagold Solids appr. 340 g green, 30 g yellow
Needle: 3.5 mm rib, 4 mm body
Time to knit: two weeks


Definitely one of my most favourite winter cardigans ever, I'm very happy how it turned. I blogged about the modifications I've made. About the sleeves - I decided to unravel some 15 rows before the armscye and to make the additional two increases which I had skipped, thinking that 48 stitches would give me enough width. This and some blocking settled the issue with the narrow sleeves and they feel quite comfortable now.


The winter is back - it snowed heavily last night and today the city is covered in white. The snowy park provided a nice scene for the session but added a bit too much contrast to the pictures and the texture of the knitting is not quite clearly visible in most of them. But I've posted so many pictures that I'm sure you get the idea :)


A jay bird in the tree above us was causing snow to fall on the camera:)




 Lots of great tit birds (Parus major) - the bird symbol of Sofia,
perched only a yard away from us
Parus major
Parus major


And a few more photos :) This  cardigan is going to get lots of wear, I'm sure!








7 comments:

  1. Каква зимна красота !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le gilet est fantastique surtout les couleurs. Vous avez un très bel hiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I love the finishing - so precise:) And these orange accents really suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect !! Love the yellow accents on the cardigan, they're the perfect touch of joy with the contrast of elegance. A winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grellow combination is terrific. They're so sharp together! And this FO looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Кофта классная получилась.Эти жёлтые полоски очень освежают)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Чудесный жакетик. Очень стильный.

    ReplyDelete