Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Little Red Riding Slippers


When I went out this morning I noticed that the cherry tree in front of our building had lost almost half of its leaves overnight and had covered beautifully the steps on the side of the building. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a few photos and then asked my daughter to pose just for a couple of minutes with her new slippers before going to school (well, obviously, not in her slippers :))) The things we do (and our closest are made to do) in the name of knitting ...


This is quite a popular pattern, which makes for comfortable and cozy slippers. There are so many pages written and even youtube videos on the making of these slippers that I will not dwell much on mine. I used one skein of red Alize Lanagold Solids, and as I ran out of yarn for the final rows, I finished the slippers with the burgundy red Lanagold for my cardigan. In stead of casting off the stitches and sewing the slippers I made them seamless, folding the last row and grafting it.


Pattern: Little Red Riding Slippers by DROPS Design
Yarn: Alize Lanagold Solids 56, 100 g, 240 m + a few grams of Lanagold 358
Needle: US 6 / 4 mm
Time to knit: 4-5 days










3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo shoot. I like the red amongst the leaves. These slippers look mighty cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect Christmas knit! Stunning photo shoot - yellow leaves, grey cement and rich red of a cozy knit - perfect combination! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Страхотна топлина и уют внасят тези плетени чорапи, Кармела. Страхотно се справяш с плетенето. Благодаря ти, че намина в блога ми, за да ми покажеш и своя :) С много интересни неща може да се вдъхнови човек.

    ReplyDelete