Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chocolate Leaves


The icy weather, which hit Europe these last 10 days, has been keeping us home, the children are enjoying extended Christmas holidays and I am knitting like crazy and baking. Yesterday I saw a tutorial on how to make chocolate leaves and I couldn't help it but try it today. It is such an original idea and so easy to make. All you need is chocolate and leaves.


As leaves are a bit scant right now, I used four yellowing leaves from my small home-grown lemon grove. To make chocolate leaves you melt the chocolate, cover the bottom side of the leaves with the melted chocolate using a small brush and leave them to cool in the fridge. Then you carefully peel the real leaf and you get a stunning chocolate leaf to be used for various decorations.


I made four test leaves

and used the rest of the melted chocolate to cover a few of the honey biscuits I had just baked.
The recipe for the biscuits, because husband loved them so much:
Ingredients:
  • 150 g butter
  • 100 g powdered sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 300 g flour
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • cinnamon, ginger, ground nutmeg
Beat the butter with the sugar, add the yolks, the the flour, the honey and the spices and mix. Make small balls from the dough, flatten them slightly and place in a baking tin, covered with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! How neat to make these leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think such leaves would make an impression as a decoration of a cake or even a cupcake.

      Delete