Sunday, January 7, 2018

WIP - Bonus Sweater


Last year I bought 500 g of Zegna Baruffa Cashwool in dark burgundy and 500 g in asphalt and I knit two sweaters out of them - Tre Archi and H&M Ribbed Sweater.
I had quite a lot of yarn left from these two sweaters - 170 g of the burgundy and 100 g of the asphalt and I didn't feel like knitting more hats and scarfs, so I bought another 100 g asphalt and cast on a new sweater, combining the two colors.


Although the colors are rather dark and definitely not my first choice for a color combo, I actually like how they work together. The design is my own, inspired by The Heirloom Knit Baby Blanket - the borders and Seashore Sweater - the stripes. As almost always I'm knitting the sweater bottom up, with tailored waist and slight negative ease. As you can see I'm on the second sleeve, so if I don't stray to other projects I might have it finished in a few days.



3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Carmela. I hope it will be filled with lots of crafting and great hikes!

    You are making a beautiful sweater and I really like the two colours together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!

      Delete
  2. Great colors together. My daughter is wearing a beautiful blue H&M sweater. I so want one but buck against it because I could make in that color but it's texture and weight would be different.

    ReplyDelete